In Verbis Virtus is a first person view video game that mixes action and puzzle elements in a fantasy setting, in the game you play as a wizard who can perform spells pronouncing magic formulas. The innovation introduced by this game is in the control system: the player must use a microphone to cast spells by actually saying the magic words. While playing In Verbis Virtus we find ourselves completely unarmed in a dark dungeon that hides many dangers. The only way to overcome the obstacles that you’ll find is to learn the secrets of the arcane arts of magic through books that the protagonist finds along his path. These tomes teach magic formulas which, if pronounced correctly, enable you to perform many spells. Using these powers in a creative way the player can solve puzzles, overcome traps and kill the enemies that try to hinder him.
In Verbis Virtus started as Mattia Ferrari’s course project during the first edition of the Videogame Design and Programming course in 2010.
- Valerio Carbone (3D artist)
- Mattia Ferrari (programmer)
- Denis Gualtieri (2D artist)
- Alessio Iellini (3D animator)
- Gianmarco Leone (composer and sound designer)
- Federico Mussetola (programmer)
- Giovanni Vadalà (3D artist)
- Official Page
- In Verbis Virtus on IndieGoGo
- In Verbis Virtus on Steam
- Demo Download
- Original trailer